11.08.2011

“Sporty Spice”

22223

So this was basically what I was working on with a school buddy. I know little, to not say: “barely anything” when it comes to Photoshop and all of those photo-editing programs. Someday I’ll be hooked up with those odd softwares. Anyways, Spring 2012 fashion weeks started almost 2 months ago and I couldn’t had waited longer to show you what I liked from what was presented in New York, London, Milan and Paris. Starting in New York, with Alexander Wang which was definitely a love-hate case for me, since it took me a while to actually love the entire collection. But, yet again Mr. Wang has made me fall in-love with a collection who’s inspiration came from something entirely out my comfort zone. The feeling and vibe from this show was clearly evident: “sports” (anything involving speed, to be more specific). One element that remained reminiscent throughout the entire collection was peek-a-boo sheerness. *Cough* mesh, sheer panels and cut-outs *Cough*. Another interesting note was how he played with un-expected fabrics, mostly sport fabric, used in completely wearable pieces. The silhouette for this season on the other hand changed drastically when compared to last seasons baggier and more relaxed than the short, nipped on the waist with oversized panels serving as peplums, and more revealing one shown here. Breaking up with solid colors, prints were used to a maximum-minimum (If that makes sense to you. It does to me.) in a digitally layered botanical print used in some of the toughest pieces (the ombre cropped hoodie and pants combo -look 6 here-). The color palate was mostly dark with colors such as petrol blue, deep burgundy, mint, crisp whites and pops of color provided by some danger-zone-orange (I just made that name up). Now this is one way I could definitely fall in-love with sports.

22224

Pictures source: Elle. Collages: Thanks to Yuanfan Wu (love you buddy).
Video: Youtube.

2 comments:

Eugene Marseille said...

Nice post:)

xoxo
Eugenia
http://eugenemarseille.blogspot.com/

Antonio Emanuele Feuillebois said...

Thanks :)